The Professional Learning Committee (PLC) held its first official meeting of the year on Friday, October 18th to set its goals for the 2019-20 school year. The PLC made a list of its vision and goals with the able assistance of Rob Jenkins. The goals identified by the teachers were as follows:
(1) Identify and promote formative assessment rubrics for multiple measures;
(2) Create innovative ideas to improve instruction for increased student outcomes;
(3) Pilot and edit revisions of the EL Civics Units in cooperation with the Coordinators;
(4) Identify and delineate specific multiple measures and required standards for promotion;
(5) Share, disseminate, and provide info on new CEC teacher action research to OTAN.
Pending approval from Dr. Sergio Sotelo, PLC teachers would be paid for up to 4 hours per week of documented work toward achieving the above goals with the supervision of the ESL Department.